Go back to previous page
- No visa required for EU passport holders and for US and Canadian citizens staying up to 3 months.
- Spain is very strict when traffic regulations are involved. Fines are to be paid on the spot.
- Foreign currencies can be exchanged in banks, airports, hotels...
- Banking hours: Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (subject to change.
- Personal effects may be brought in Spain.
- Pets may enter the country though with a certificate issued by a veterinarian.
- Railways and buses are comfortable and efficient, so it might be a nice way to go on a tour across the country.
- Service is generally included in the bill. Tips are at your own discretion.
- Spain offers the best prices on many articles.
- Department stores are open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, or from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Museums are open Tuesday to Saturday from 9:a.m. to 7:00 p.m.. Sundays and holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The Tourist Office of Spain supplies all the information free of charge.
- Members of the European Union enjoy free medical assistance under the Spanish Health Service during their stay.